Monday, January 19, 2015

Oh, iPod Shuffle, Where Have You Been All My Life?

I'll be the first one to admit that I am not what you would call tech-savvy.  In fact, the technology is kind of a boogie-man to me.  I'm still afraid that I'm going to break the internet, so I have been very wary of doing anything thing like downloading or syncing or hacking.  So it stands to reason that I have not bothered with purchasing fancy gadgets like the iPod until now.

Well, guess what?

I have been downloading and syncing like a maniac since my very sassy, pink, engraved (One step at a time), scrabble tile-sized iPod arrived on our doorstep last week.


And it only took me four days to figure out how to get the songs I bought from iTunes onto the actual iPod.  I am clearly a technological genius.  (And to think that at one point MANY years ago I told my college roommate's boyfriend, who was a computer engineering major, that this whole "home computer" and "email" business that he kept preaching about was just a fad...much like the pet rock.  I am sure he's glad he didn't listen to me since he goes to work every day at Lockheed Martin.)

Anyway, I didn't go for a walk/run today because I was held hostage by a small mountain of laundry to be ironed AND I had to take my very old nerd station wagon in for its 135,000-mile service checkup.  (I'm not sure what was more painful...ironing for two hours straight or writing a check to the Volvo service department for an amount that is most definitely more than my car's value.)

But I digress.

I did listen to my playlist while I ironed and I was as happy as, well, as happy as you can be while ironing.  I may have copped a little attitude while Kelly Clarkson sang "Since You've Been Gone" and "Stronger."  I'm pretty sure that I danced around the ironing board to 10,000 Maniacs, Katy Perry, and Melissa Ethridge.  I know for certain that I rocked the air guitar with U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name."  And thanks to Blue Man Running's suggestion, I got my Elvis on with "A Little Less Conversation."  That may be my favorite song on my playlist.

I am almost giddy about tomorrow's training session, even if it means that Week 3 says I have to run for (gasp!) three minutes at a whack.  I think it's doable.  (I mean, heck.  Remember what I said about the internet and email and look what happened.)

Here's to you, little iPod.  You complete me.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you you have "one step at a time" engraved on your iPod. When I'm having a tough run, that's what I repeat in my head.... and sometime out loud.

    ReplyDelete